The inaugural Food Awards Ireland took place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dublin Airport, on 21 November recognising restaurants and producers from all corners of the country.
The inaugural Food Awards Ireland (not to be confused with the Irish Food Awards) took place earlier this week at the Crown Plaza Hotel at Dublin Airport and featured a real crosssection of the Irish food industry. An initiative by Creative Oceanic, the awards also run in Scotland, England (general), London (specific), Wales and Northern Ireland.
Flying the flag for Real Bread Ireland, Declan Ryan’s Arbutus Bread was named Wholesaler Bakery Of The Year, one of my favourite Dublin eats in Salamanca was named Best Mediterranean Establishment while Govinda’s in Dublin was named Best Vegetarian Establishment.
Check out the list below for all the winners details.
The 2016 Food Awards Ireland Winners
- Cookery School of the Year: Multyfarnham Cookery School
- Best Oriental Establishment: Wau Asian Cuisine
- Best Indian Establishment: The Bombay Pantry
- Best Italian Establishment: Toscana Restaurant
- Best World Cuisine: Zaytoon
- Wholesaler Bakery of the Year: Arbutus Bread
- Wholesaler of the Year: Scallan’s Food Factory
- Best Mediterranean Establishment: Salamanca Tapas Bar
- Dessert Outlet of the Year: Dolce Sicily
- Best Irish Produce: Joe’s Farm Crisps
- Best Street Food: Veginity
- Hotel Restaurant of the Year: Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant
- Takeaway of the Year: The Monte Carlo
- Dairy Food Provider of the Year: Traditional Cheese Company
- Fresh Produce Provider of the Year: Gold River Farm Ltd
- Meat Supplier of the Year: M & K Meats Ltd
- Best Mexican Establishment: Café Mexicana
- Seafood Supplier of the Year: Ocean Marine
- Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: Dax Restaurant
- Best Seafood Establishment: Matt The Thresher (Dublin)
- Retail Bakery of the Year: Griffin’s Bakery & Cafe
- Best Vegetarian Establishment: Govinda’s Restaurant
There’s plenty of photos from the night to be found on the Food Awards Ireland Facebook page.