With 2019 upon on, there’s a lot more people who will be looking to start a podcast.
I’m included in that group as well.
There’s also the additional catchup and new podcast material for the daily show, KCLR Drive.
To help matters along, I’ll be publishing a series of posts over the next few weeks to help you get started in podcasting, and to keep me on track.
I’ve been doing this a while
I first dipped my toes into the world of podcasting in 2006, producing over 150 music and talk-driven shows, all current.
Festivals and food followed before I shifted my focus to radio in 2012. At time of writing, it’s almost 13 years since my first podcast release.
Along the way, I’ve kept up with trends, techniques, listened lots and know I’m bringing it all back into practice.
What can you expect?
As I start to work with more clients – and internally too – on podcasting projects I’ll be covering
- The basics – what you need to get started
- Developing content and sourcing guests for your podcast
- Shaping and editing your content
- Equipment to suit all budgets
- Marketing your podcast on a shoestring
- Planning for the long run
- Revenue opportunities for podcasters
- Podcast hosting – from self hosted to commercial projects
Let the games – and podcasting – begin.
Have something to add or share? Maybe you’re starting out on your podcast journey and want to let people know about it? Drop a line in the comments below.