Learning Waves, the training body for the independent commercial radio sector in Ireland, is hosting Podcast Day 2023 on Thursday 25 October.
Signups are available here.
The Gibson Hotel in Dublin’s docklands provides the backdrop with the day bringing together a number of speakers on the world of podcasting, monetisation, sound design, podcasts for radio stations and more, all under the one roof.
It’s a one-day affair, kicking off at 11am with comedian and podcaster Jarlath Regan the keynote speaker. There are two sessions booked before lunch and in the afternoon. Here’s how the schedule is looking…
- 11am: Introductions
- 11.10am: Keynote speaker – Jarlath Regan
- 11.50am: Radio stations making podcasts: Why, the wins and the watchouts with Aisling Moore (Senior Producer, Newstalk, and Producer of Inside the Crime), Liam Thompson (Programme Director, Classic Hits, and Co-Founder of The Smart 7), Darren Cleary (Bauer Media) and Ian Doyle (Head of Podcasting at Wireless Group)
- 12.40pm: Achieving world-class sound design in your podcast with Niall Breslin (Where Is My Mind?) and Lochlainn Harte (Imaging Manager, Newstalk)
- 1.15pm: Lunch
- 2pm: Fireside chat with Doireann Garrighy (RTÉ 2FM) in conversation with Patrick Haughey (AudioBrand)
- 2.40pm: The International Perspective – UK and Germany with Martin Liss (audio entrepreneur & management consultant) and Meera Kumar (multi award-winning podcast producer)
The day is aimed at all those interested in podcasting, currently working in the independent radio sector in Ireland.
As such, you must be currently working with an independent radio station to book.